October 30: Day of the Week
October 30, 2021 is the 303rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 62 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters KIRGDSBUI? Check your answers here: Word solver KIRGDSBUI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
October 30 Historical Event(s)
- 1470Henry VI of England returns to the English throne after Earl of Warwick defeats the Yorkists in battle.
- 1485King Henry VII of England is crowned.
- 1501Ballet of Chestnuts – a banquet held by Cesare Borgia in the Papal Palace where fifty prostitutes or courtesans are in attendance for the entertainment of the guests.
- 1864Second war of Schleswig ends. Denmark renounces all claim to Schleswig, Holstein and Lauenburg, which come under Prussian and Austrian administration.
- 1929The Stuttgart Cable Car is constructed in Stuttgart, Germany.
- 1945Jackie Robinson of the Kansas City Monarchs signs a contract for the Brooklyn Dodgers to break the baseball color barrier.
- 1960Michael Woodruff performs the first successful kidney transplant in the United Kingdom at the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary.
- 1961Because of “violations of Lenin’s precepts”, it is decreed that Joseph Stalin’s body be removed from its place of honour inside Lenin’s tomb and buried near the Kremlin wall with a plain granite marker instead.
- 1972A collision between two commuter trains in Chicago, Illinois kills 45 and injures 332.
- 1991The Madrid Conference for Middle East peace talks opens.
Who were born on October 30?
- 1881Elizabeth Madox Roberts, American poet and author (d. 1941)
- 1896Antonino Votto, Italian opera conductor (d. 1985)
- 1896Ruth Gordon, American actress (d. 1985)
- 1906Giuseppe Farina, Italian race car driver (d. 1966)
- 1930Clifford Brown, American musician (d. 1956)
- 1958Stefan Dennis, Australian actor
- 1967Brad Aitken, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1970Nia Long, American actress
- 1980John Foo, Irish martial artist and actor
- 1980Sarah Carter, Canadian actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.