October 30: Day of the Week
October 30, 2021 is the 303rd day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 62 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IFMNQUBEFEOKD? Check your answers here: Word finder IFMNQUBEFEOKD. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
October 30 Historical Event(s)
- 1137Battle of Rignano between Ranulf of Apulia and Roger II of Sicily.
- 1340Battle of Rio Salado.
- 1501Ballet of Chestnuts – a banquet held by Cesare Borgia in the Papal Palace where fifty prostitutes or courtesans are in attendance for the entertainment of the guests.
- 1864Second war of Schleswig ends. Denmark renounces all claim to Schleswig, Holstein and Lauenburg, which come under Prussian and Austrian administration.
- 1922Benito Mussolini is made Prime Minister of Italy.
- 1938Orson Welles broadcasts his radio play of H. G. Wells’s The War of the Worlds, causing anxiety in some of the audience in the United States.
- 1950Pope Pius XII witnesses “The Miracle of the Sun” while at the Vatican.
- 1960Michael Woodruff performs the first successful kidney transplant in the United Kingdom at the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary.
- 1974The Rumble in the Jungle boxing match between Muhammad Ali and George Foreman takes place in Kinshasa, Zaire.
- 1987In Japan, NEC releases the first 16-bit home entertainment system, the PC Engine, which was later sold in other markets under the name TurboGrafx-16.
Who were born on October 30?
- 1857Georges Gilles de la Tourette, French neurologist (d. 1904)
- 1898Bill Terry, baseball player (d. 1989)
- 1914Richard E Holz, American composer (d. 1986)
- 1925Tommy Ridgley, American R&B singer (d. 1999)
- 1936Polina Astakhova, Ukrainian gymnast (d. 2005)
- 1964Adnan Al Talyani , Emirates footballer
- 1978Matthew Morrison, American actor
- 1980John Foo, Irish martial artist and actor
- 1981Ian Snell, American baseball player
- 1984Isaac Ross, New Zealand rugby player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.