October 30: Day of the Week
October 30, 2019 is the 303rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 62 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
October 30 Historical Event(s)
- 758Guangzhou is sacked by Arab and Persian pirates.
- 1226Tran Thu Do, head of the Tran clan of Vietnam, forces Ly Hue Tong, the last emperor of the Ly dynasty, to commit suicide.
- 1864Helena, Montana is founded after four prospectors discover gold at “Last Chance Gulch”.
- 1925John Logie Baird creates Britain’s first television transmitter.
- 1941World War II: Franklin Delano Roosevelt approves U.S. $1 billion in Lend-Lease aid to the Allied nations.
- 1942Lt. Tony Fasson, Able Seaman Colin Grazier and canteen assistant Tommy Brown from HMS Petard board U-559, retrieving material which would lead to the decryption of the German Enigma code.
- 1965Vietnam War: Just miles from Da Nang, United States Marines repel an intense attack by wave after wave of Viet Cong forces, killing 56 guerrillas. Among the dead, a sketch of Marine positions is found on the body of a 13-year-old Vietnamese boy who sold drinks to the Marines the day before.
- 1974The Rumble in the Jungle boxing match between Muhammad Ali and George Foreman takes place in Kinshasa, Zaire.
- 1987In Japan, NEC releases the first 16-bit home entertainment system, the PC Engine, which was later sold in other markets under the name TurboGrafx-16.
- 2000The last Multics machine is shut down.
Who were born on October 30?
- 1893Charles Atlas, Italian-born bodybuilder (d. 1972)
- 1896Antonino Votto, Italian opera conductor (d. 1985)
- 1906Hermann Fegelein, German Nazi official and brother-in-law to Adolf Hitler (d. 1945)
- 1908Patsy Montana, American country music singer and songwriter (d. 1996)
- 1941Theodor W. Hänsch, German physicist, Nobel laureate
- 1963Michael Beach, American actor
- 1964Humayun Kabir Dhali, Bangladeshi Writer & Journalist
- 1970Maja Tatic, Bosnia singer
- 1989Nastia Liukin, Russian/American gymnast
- 1989Vanessa White, British singer (The Saturdays)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.