October 30: Day of the Week
October 30, 2019 was the 303rd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 62 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Scorpio is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Tyler’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
October 30 Historical Event(s)
- 758Guangzhou is sacked by Arab and Persian pirates.
- 1270The Eighth Crusade and siege of Tunis end by an agreement between Charles I of Sicily (brother to King Louis IX of France, who had died months earlier) and the sultan of Tunis.
- 19411,500 Jews from Pidhaytsi (in western Ukraine) are sent by Nazis to Belzec extermination camp.
- 1950Pope Pius XII witnesses “The Miracle of the Sun” while at the Vatican.
- 1961Nuclear testing: The Soviet Union detonates the hydrogen bomb Tsar Bomba over Novaya Zemlya; at 50 megatons of yield, it is still the largest explosive device ever detonated, nuclear or otherwise.
- 1972A collision between two commuter trains in Chicago, Illinois kills 45 and injures 332.
- 1973The Bosporus Bridge in Istanbul, Turkey is completed, connecting the continents of Europe and Asia over the Bosporus for the first time.
- 1974The Rumble in the Jungle boxing match between Muhammad Ali and George Foreman takes place in Kinshasa, Zaire.
- 1983The first democratic elections in Argentina after seven years of military rule are held.
- 1995Quebec sovereignists narrowly lose a referendum for a mandate to negotiate independence from Canada (vote is 50.6% to 49.4%).
Who were born on October 30?
- 1896Kostas Karyotakis, Greek poet (d. 1928)
- 1917Nikolai Vasilievich Ogarkov, Soviet field marshal (d. 1994)
- 1945Henry Winkler, American actor
- 1946Chris Slade, Welsh drummer (Asia)
- 1951Poncho Sanchez, Mexican-American conga player
- 1963Michael Beach, American actor
- 1970Ben Bailey, American game show host
- 1973Adam “Edge” Copeland, Canadian wrestler
- 1983Maor Melikson, Israeli footballer
- 1989Jay Asforis, American singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.