October 6: Day of the Week
October 6, 2019 was the 279th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 86 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Damian’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
October 6 Historical Event(s)
- 69 BCBattle of Tigranocerta: Forces of the Roman Republic defeat the army of the Kingdom of Armenia led by King Tigranes the Great.
- 404Empress Eudoxia has her seventh and last pregnancy who ends in a miscarriage. She is left bleeding and dies of an infection short after.
- 1600Jacopo Peri’s Euridice, the earliest surviving opera, receives its première performance in Florence, signifying the beginning of the Baroque Period
- 1777American Revolutionary War: General Sir Henry Clinton leads British forces in the capture of Continental Army Hudson River defenses in the Battle of Forts Clinton and Montgomery.
- 1908Austria annexes Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- 1923The great powers of World War I withdraw from Istanbul
- 1973Egypt launches a coordinated attack with Syria against Israel leading to the Yom Kippur War.
- 1979Pope John Paul II becomes the first pontiff to visit the White House.
- 1981Egyptian President Anwar al-Sadat is assassinated.
- 2000Argentine vice president Carlos Álvarez resigns.
Who were born on October 6?
- 1744James McGill, Scottish-Canadian businessman and philanthropist (d. 1813)
- 1866Reginald Fessenden, Canadian-born inventor and radio pioneer (d. 1932)
- 1912Perkins Bass, American politician and former Member of the United States House of Representatives from New Hampshire (d. 2011)
- 1935Charito Solis, Filipino actress (d. 1998)
- 1964Ricky Berry, American basketball player (d. 1989)
- 1971Phil Bennett, British racing driver
- 1973Jeff Davis, American comedian
- 1974Walter Centeno, Costa Rican footballer
- 1977Danny Brière, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1977Melinda Doolittle, American singer and recording artist
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.