October 6: Day of the Week
October 6, 2021 is the 279th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 86 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters SZOOUVLTE? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters SZOOUVLTE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
October 6 Historical Event(s)
- 69 BCBattle of Tigranocerta: Forces of the Roman Republic defeat the army of the Kingdom of Armenia led by King Tigranes the Great.
- 1762Seven Years’ War: conclusion of the Battle of Manila between Britain and Spain, which resulted in the British occupation of Manila for the rest of the war.
- 1889Thomas Edison shows his first motion picture.
- 1898Ossian Everett Mills founds Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia in Boston, Massachusetts.
- 1927Opening of The Jazz Singer, the first prominent talking movie.
- 1976Massacre of students gathering at Thammasat University in Bangkok, Thailand to protest the return of ex-dictator Thanom, by a coalition of right-wing paramilitary and government forces, triggering the return of the military to government.
- 1976New Premier Hua Guofeng orders the arrest of the Gang of Four and associates and ends the Cultural Revolution in the People’s Republic of China.
- 1985PC Keith Blakelock is murdered as riots erupt in the Broadwater Farm suburb of London.
- 1987Fiji becomes a republic.
- 2002The French oil tanker Limburg is bombed off Yemen.
Who were born on October 6?
- 1459Martin Behaim, German navigator and geographer (d. 1507)
- 1903Ernest Walton, Irish physicist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1995)
- 1917Fannie Lou Hamer, American civil rights activist (d. 1977)
- 1920Lord Donaldson of Lymington, British judge (d. 2005)
- 1920Pietro Consagra, Italian sculptor (d. 2005)
- 1947Patxi Andión, Spanish singer-songwriter
- 1963Elisabeth Shue, American film actress
- 1972Mark Schwarzer, Australian footballer
- 1979David Di Tommaso, French footballer (d. 2005)
- 1981Zurab Khizanishvili, Georgian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.