October 6: Day of the Week
October 6, 2019 is the 279th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 86 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
October 6 Historical Event(s)
- 68 BCBattle of Artaxata: Lucullus averts the bad omen of this day by defeating Tigranes the Great of Armenia.
- 1849The execution of the 13 Martyrs of Arad after the Hungarian war of independence.
- 1889Thomas Edison shows his first motion picture.
- 1939World War II: The last Polish army is defeated.
- 1973Egypt launches a coordinated attack with Syria against Israel leading to the Yom Kippur War.
- 1979Pope John Paul II becomes the first pontiff to visit the White House.
- 1981Egyptian President Anwar al-Sadat is assassinated.
- 1985PC Keith Blakelock is murdered as riots erupt in the Broadwater Farm suburb of London.
- 2000Yugoslav president Slobodan Milošević resigns.
- 2002The French oil tanker Limburg is bombed off Yemen.
Who were born on October 6?
- 1803Heinrich Wilhelm Dove, German physicist (d. 1879)
- 1915Alice Timander, Swedish dentist (d. 2007)
- 1949Nicolas Peyrac, French composer, lyricist and singer
- 1954David Hidalgo, American musician (Los Lobos, Latin Playboys)
- 1956Kathleen Webb, American comic book writer and artist
- 1962Rich Yett, baseball player
- 1971Alan Stubbs, English footballer
- 1982Levon Aronian, Armenian chess Grandmaster
- 1982MC Lars, American hip-hop artist
- 1991Roshon Fegan, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.