October 7: Day of the Week
October 7, 2019 was the 280th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 85 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is lundi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Sue’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
October 7 Historical Event(s)
- 3761 BCThe epoch reference date epoch (origin) of the modern Hebrew calendar (Proleptic Julian calendar).
- 1777American Revolutionary War: The Americans defeat the British in the Second Battle of Saratoga, also known as the Battle of Bemis Heights.
- 1780American Revolutionary War: Battle of Kings Mountain American Patriot militia defeat Loyalist irregulars led by British colonel Patrick Ferguson in South Carolina.
- 1916Georgia Tech defeats Cumberland University 222-0 in the most lopsided college football game in American history.
- 1919KLM, the flag carrier of the Netherlands, is founded. It is the oldest airline still operating under its original name.
- 1933Air France is inaugurated, after being formed by a merger of 5 French airlines.
- 1949The German Democratic Republic (East Germany) is formed.
- 1985The Achille Lauro is hijacked by Palestine Liberation Organization.
- 1985The Mameyes landslide kills close to 300 in the worst landslide in North American history.
- 2004King Norodom Sihanouk of Cambodia abdicates, replaced by his son Norodom Sihamoni a week later.
Who were born on October 7?
- 1471King Frederick I of Denmark and Norway (d. 1533)
- 1910Henry P. McIlhenny, American philanthropist (d. 1986)
- 1921Raymond Goethals, Belgian football coach (d. 2004)
- 1934Amiri Baraka, American writer
- 1935Thomas Keneally, Australian author
- 1939John Hopcroft, American computer scientist
- 1952Jacques Richard, Canadian ice hockey player (d. 2002)
- 1959Simon Cowell, English recording executive
- 1976Gilberto Silva, Brazilian footballer
- 1976Marc Coma, Spanish motorcycle racer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.