October 7: Day of the Week
October 7, 2019 was the 280th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 85 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Getsuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Diego’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
October 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1477Uppsala University is inaugurated after receiving its corporate rights from Pope Sixtus IV in February the same year.
- 1513Battle of La Motta: Spanish troops under Ramón de Cardona defeat the Venetians.
- 1763George III of Great Britain issues British Royal Proclamation of 1763, closing aboriginal lands in North America north and west of Alleghenies to white settlements.
- 1870Franco-Prussian War – Siege of Paris: Leon Gambetta flees Paris in a balloon.
- 1879Germany and Austria-Hungary sign the “Twofold Covenant” and create the Dual Alliance.
- 1933Air France is inaugurated, after being formed by a merger of 5 French airlines.
- 1942World War II: The October Matanikau action on Guadalcanal begins as United States Marine Corps forces attack Imperial Japanese Army units along the Matanikau River.
- 1959U.S.S.R. probe Luna 3 transmits the first ever photographs of the far side of the Moon.
- 1982Cats opens on Broadway and runs for nearly 18 years before closing on September 10, 2000.
- 1991Bombing of Banski dvori in Zagreb.
Who were born on October 7?
- 1888Henry A. Wallace, 33rd Vice President of the United States (d. 1965)
- 1914Alfred Drake, American actor (d. 1992)
- 1921Raymond Goethals, Belgian football coach (d. 2004)
- 1956Brian Sutter, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1958Judy Landers, American actress
- 1961Matthew Roloff, American reality star
- 1975Tim Minchin, Australian comedian and musician
- 1978Alesha Dixon, British pop singer (Mis-Teeq)
- 1980Tim Cresswell, Hong Kong footballer
- 1987Sam Querrey, American tennis player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.