October 7: Day of the Week
October 7, 2021 is the 280th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 85 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is jueves.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters KOLGACVMYA? Check your answers here: Words with these letters KOLGACVMYA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
October 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1477Uppsala University is inaugurated after receiving its corporate rights from Pope Sixtus IV in February the same year.
- 1691The English royal charter for the Province of Massachusetts Bay is issued.
- 1828The city of Patras, Greece, is liberated by the French expeditionary force in the Peloponnese under General Maison.
- 1916Georgia Tech defeats Cumberland University 222-0 in the most lopsided college football game in American history.
- 1919KLM, the flag carrier of the Netherlands, is founded. It is the oldest airline still operating under its original name.
- 1940World War II: the McCollum memo proposes bringing the United States into the war in Europe by provoking the Japanese to attack the United States.
- 1949The German Democratic Republic (East Germany) is formed.
- 1963John F. Kennedy signs the ratification of the Partial Test Ban Treaty.
- 1971Oman joins the United Nations.
- 1976Hua Guofeng becomes Mao Zedong’s successor as chairman of Communist Party of China.
Who were born on October 7?
- 1748King Charles XIII of Sweden (d. 1818)
- 1909Anni Blomqvist, Finnish novelist (d. 1990)
- 1912Fernando Belaúnde Terry, President of Peru (d. 2002)
- 1914Sarah Churchill, British actress (d. 1982)
- 1939Harold Kroto, English chemist, Nobel Prize laureate
- 1952Graham Yallop, Australian cricketer
- 1952Mary Badham, American actress
- 1973Sami Hyypiä, Finnish footballer
- 1977Brandon Quinn, American actor
- 1977Meighan Desmond, New Zealand actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.