October 7: Day of the Week
October 7, 2021 is the 280th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 85 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UWURUMEYIR? Check your answers here: Word search UWURUMEYIR. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
October 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1571The Battle of Lepanto is fought, and the Holy League (Spain and Italy) destroys the Turkish fleet.
- 1582Because of the implementation of the Gregorian calendar, this day is skipped in Italy, Poland, Portugal and Spain.
- 1691The English royal charter for the Province of Massachusetts Bay is issued.
- 1763George III of Great Britain issues British Royal Proclamation of 1763, closing aboriginal lands in North America north and west of Alleghenies to white settlements.
- 1780American Revolutionary War: Battle of Kings Mountain American Patriot militia defeat Loyalist irregulars led by British colonel Patrick Ferguson in South Carolina.
- 1949The German Democratic Republic (East Germany) is formed.
- 1958The U.S. manned space-flight project is renamed Project Mercury.
- 1960Nigeria joins the United Nations.
- 1976Hua Guofeng becomes Mao Zedong’s successor as chairman of Communist Party of China.
- 2004King Norodom Sihanouk of Cambodia abdicates, replaced by his son Norodom Sihamoni a week later.
Who were born on October 7?
- 1841King Nicholas I of Montenegro (d. 1921)
- 1888Henry A. Wallace, 33rd Vice President of the United States (d. 1965)
- 1919Sir Zelman Cowen, Australian academic and Governor-General
- 1947Chris Bambridge, former Australian football referee
- 1957Michael W. Smith, American singer
- 1979Shawn Ashmore, Canadian actor
- 1982Li Yundi, Chinese classical pianist
- 1984Toma Ikuta, Japanese singer and actor
- 1986Bree Olson, American pornographic actress
- 1987Sam Querrey, American tennis player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.