October 7: Day of the Week
October 7, 2022 is the 280th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 85 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters QUESGFSQQAUI? Check your answers here: Word solver QUESGFSQQAUI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
October 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1513Battle of La Motta: Spanish troops under Ramón de Cardona defeat the Venetians.
- 1542Explorer Cabrillo discovers Santa Catalina Island off the California coast.
- 1763George III of Great Britain issues British Royal Proclamation of 1763, closing aboriginal lands in North America north and west of Alleghenies to white settlements.
- 1780American Revolutionary War: Battle of Kings Mountain American Patriot militia defeat Loyalist irregulars led by British colonel Patrick Ferguson in South Carolina.
- 1840Willem II becomes King of the Netherlands.
- 1944World War II: Uprising at Birkenau concentration camp, Jewish prisoners burn down the crematoria.
- 1958The U.S. manned space-flight project is renamed Project Mercury.
- 1976Hua Guofeng becomes Mao Zedong’s successor as chairman of Communist Party of China.
- 1982Cats opens on Broadway and runs for nearly 18 years before closing on September 10, 2000.
- 1985The Achille Lauro is hijacked by Palestine Liberation Organization.
Who were born on October 7?
- 1748King Charles XIII of Sweden (d. 1818)
- 1881Mikhail Drozdovsky, Russian general (d. 1918)
- 1926Diana Lynn, American actress (d. 1971)
- 1951David J. Halberstam, American radio executive
- 1967Toni Braxton, American singer
- 1969Maria Whittaker, English model
- 1976Marc Coma, Spanish motorcycle racer
- 1978Alesha Dixon, British pop singer (Mis-Teeq)
- 1979Simona Amânar, Romanian gymnast
- 1991Nicole Jung, Korean/American singer/actress
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.