October 8: Day of the Week
October 8, 2022 is the 281st day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 84 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters PFEYVTIIPETT? Check your answers here: Words with these letters PFEYVTIIPETT. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
October 8 Historical Event(s)
- 1860Telegraph line between Los Angeles and San Francisco opens.
- 1904Prince Albert, Saskatchewan was incorporated as a city.
- 1912First Balkan War begins: Montenegro declares war against Turkey.
- 1918World War I: In the Argonne Forest in France, United States Corporal Alvin C. York kills 25 German soldiers and captures 132.
- 1973Yom Kippur War: Gabi Amir’s armored brigade attacks Egyptian occupied positions on the Israeli side of the Suez Canal, in hope of driving them away. The attack fails, and over 150 Israeli tanks are destroyed.
- 1978Australia’s Ken Warby sets the current world water speed record of 317.60mph at Blowering Dam, Australia.
- 1990Israeli-Palestinian Conflict: In Jerusalem, Israeli police kill 17 Palestinians and wound over 100 near the Dome of the Rock mosque on the Temple Mount.
- 1991Croatia votes to sever constitutional relations with Yugoslavia, making the country fully independent
- 2001A twin engine Cessna and Scandinavian Airlines System (SAS) jetliner collide in heavy fog during takeoff from Milan, Italy killing 118.
- 20052005 Kashmir earthquake: Thousands of people are killed by a magnitude 7.6 earthquake in parts of Pakistan, India and Afghanistan.
Who were born on October 8?
- 1834Walter Kittredge, American musician (d. 1905)
- 1919Kiichi Miyazawa, 78th Prime Minister of Japan (d. 2007)
- 1921Abraham Sarmiento, Filipino Supreme Court jurist (d. 2010)
- 1935Albert Roux, French chef
- 1946Jean-Jacques Beineix, French film director
- 1947Stephen Shore, American photographer
- 1966Camille Coduri, British actress
- 1969Julia Ann, American pornographic actress
- 1970Anne-Marie Duff, English actress
- 1981Kalil Wilson, American vocalist
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.