October 9: Day of the Week
October 9, 2019 is the 282nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 83 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Libra horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
October 9 Historical Event(s)
- 768Carloman I and Charlemagne are crowned Kings of The Franks.
- 1701The Collegiate School of Connecticut (later renamed Yale University) is chartered in Old Saybrook, Connecticut.
- 1806Prussia declares war on France.
- 1812War of 1812: In a naval engagement on Lake Erie, American forces capture two British ships: HMS Detroit and HMS Caledonia.
- 1820Guayaquil declares independence from Spain.
- 1824Slavery is abolished in Costa Rica.
- 1864American Civil War: Battle of Tom’s Brook – Union cavalrymen in the Shenandoah Valley defeat Confederate forces at Tom’s Brook, Virginia.
- 1945Parade in NYC for Fleet Admiral Nimitz and 13 USN/USMC Medal of Honor recipients
- 1989An official news agency in the Soviet Union reports the landing of a UFO in Voronezh.
- 2003Mission: SPACE opens to the public in the Epcot park at Walt Disney World. The opening ceremony included several astronauts from all eras of space exploration.
Who were born on October 9?
- 1840Simeon Solomon, British artist (d. 1905)
- 1939O. V. Wright, American soul singer (d. 1980)
- 1940John Lennon, British musician and songwriter (The Beatles) (d. 1980)
- 1950Reichi Nakaido, Japanese rock guitarist
- 1958Mike Singletary, American football player
- 1960Maddie Blaustein, American actress (d. 2008)
- 1961Julian Bailey, British racing driver
- 1970Savannah, American pornographic actress (d. 1994)
- 1975Sean Lennon, American musician
- 1976Nick Swardson, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.