October 9: Day of the Week
October 9, 2020 is the 283rd day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 83 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Brittany’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
October 9 Historical Event(s)
- 768Carloman I and Charlemagne are crowned Kings of The Franks.
- 1708Peter the Great defeats the Swedes at the Battle of Lesnaya.
- 1740Dutch colonists and various slave groups begin massacring ethnic Chinese in Batavia, eventually killing 10,000 and leading to a two-year-long war throughout Java.
- 1776Father Francisco Palou founds Mission San Francisco de Asis in what is now San Francisco, California.
- 1834Opening of the Dublin and Kingstown Railway, the first public railway on the island of Ireland.
- 1874General Postal Union is created as a result of the Treaty of Berne.
- 1966Vietnam War: Dien Nien-Phuoc Binh massacre
- 1991Ecuador becomes a member of the Berne Convention copyright treaty.
- 1999The last flight of the SR-71.
- 2006North Korea allegedly tests its first nuclear device.
Who were born on October 9?
- 1261King Dinis of Portugal (d. 1325)
- 1704Johann Andreas Segner, German mathematician, physicist, and physician (d. 1777)
- 1757King Charles X of France (d. 1836)
- 1953Tony Shalhoub, American actor
- 1954John O'Hurley, American actor and game show host
- 1954Scott Bakula, American actor
- 1958Michael Pare, American actor
- 1959Michael Cobley, English-born Scottish writer
- 1968Troy Anthony Davis, American high-profile death row inmate and human rights activist (d. 2011)
- 1971Michael Manna, American professional wrestler
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.