October 9: Day of the Week
October 9, 2019 is the 282nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 83 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
October 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1238James I of Aragon conquers Valencia and founds the Kingdom of Valencia.
- 1264The Kingdom of Castile conquers the city of Jerez that was under Muslim occupation since 711.
- 1740Dutch colonists and various slave groups begin massacring ethnic Chinese in Batavia, eventually killing 10,000 and leading to a two-year-long war throughout Java.
- 1845The eminent and controversial Anglican, John Henry Newman, is received into the Roman Catholic Church.
- 1911An accidental bomb explosion in Hankou, Wuhan, China leads to the ultimate fall of the Qing Empire
- 1913Steamship SS Volturno catches fire in the mid-Atlantic.
- 1941A coup in Panama declares Ricardo Adolfo de la Guardia Arango the new president.
- 1942Statute of Westminster 1931 formalises Australian autonomy.
- 1966Vietnam War: Dien Nien-Phuoc Binh massacre
- 1970The Khmer Republic is proclaimed in Cambodia.
Who were born on October 9?
- 1581Claude Gaspard Bachet de Méziriac, French mathematician (d. 1638)
- 1879Max von Laue, German physicist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1960)
- 1892Marina Tsvetaeva, Russian poet (d. 1941)
- 1909Donald Coggan, Archbishop of Canterbury (d. 2000)
- 1920Jens Bjørneboe, Norwegian author (d. 1976)
- 1943Mike Peters, American cartoonist
- 1945Taiguara, Brazilian musician (d. 1996)
- 1971Michael Manna, American professional wrestler
- 1973Fabio Lione, Italian musician (Rhapsody)
- 1973Terry Balsamo, American guitarist (Evanescence)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.