October 9: Day of the Week
October 9, 2019 is the 282nd day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 83 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the October calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
October 9 Historical Event(s)
- 1582Because of the implementation of the Gregorian calendar, this day does not exist in this year in Italy, Poland, Portugal and Spain.
- 1604Supernova 1604, the most recent supernova to be observed in the Milky Way.
- 1760Seven Years’ War: Russian forces occupy Berlin.
- 1776Father Francisco Palou founds Mission San Francisco de Asis in what is now San Francisco, California.
- 1861American Civil War: Battle of Santa Rosa Island – Union troops repel a Confederate attempt to capture Fort Pickens.
- 1907Las Cruces, New Mexico is incorporated.
- 1911An accidental bomb explosion in Hankou, Wuhan, China leads to the ultimate fall of the Qing Empire
- 1942Statute of Westminster 1931 formalises Australian autonomy.
- 1991Ecuador becomes a member of the Berne Convention copyright treaty.
- 2001Second mailing of anthrax letters from Trenton, New Jersey in the 2001 anthrax attack.
Who were born on October 9?
- 1704Johann Andreas Segner, German mathematician, physicist, and physician (d. 1777)
- 1907Horst Wessel, German Nazi and songwriter (d. 1930)
- 1915Clifford M. Hardin, 17th United States Secretary of Agriculture (d. 2010)
- 1937Brian Blessed, English actor
- 1954James Fearnley, English musician (The Pogues)
- 1958Al Jourgensen, American musician (Ministry)
- 1961Julian Bailey, British racing driver
- 1972Audie England, American actress
- 1976Lee Peacock, Scottish footballer
- 1979Brandon Routh, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.