September 12: Day of the Week
September 12, 2019 is the 255th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 110 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
September 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1897Tirah Campaign: Battle of Saragarhi.
- 1933Leó Szilárd, waiting for a red light on Southampton Row in Bloomsbury, conceives the idea of the nuclear chain reaction.
- 1959Premiere of Bonanza, the first regularly scheduled TV program presented in color.
- 1964Canyonlands National Park is designated as a National Park.
- 1974Emperor Haile Selassie of Ethiopia, ‘Messiah’of the Rastafari movement, is deposed following a military coup by the Derg, ending a reign of 58 years.
- 1980Military coup in Turkey.
- 1990The two German states and the Four Powers sign the Treaty on the Final Settlement With Respect to Germany in Moscow, paving the way for German re-unification.
- 2001Ansett Australia, Australia’s first commercial interstate airline, collapses due to increased strain on the international airline industry, leaving 10,000 people unemployed.
- 2003In Fallujah, US forces mistakenly shoot and kill eight Iraqi police officers.
- 2003The United Nations lifts sanctions against Libya after that country agreed to accept responsibility and recompense the families of victims in the 1988 bombing of Pan Am Flight 103.
Who were born on September 12?
- 1725Guillaume Le Gentil, French astronomer (d. 1792)
- 1852H. H. Asquith, British statesman (d. 1928)
- 1931Sir Ian Holm, English actor
- 1940Linda Gray, American actress
- 1951Joe Pantoliano, American actor
- 1956Ricky Rudd, American race car driver
- 1969James Frey, American writer
- 1973Darren Campbell, British athlete
- 1984September, Swedish singer
- 1986Emmy Rossum, American actress and singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.