September 12: Day of the Week
September 12, 2019 was the 255th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 110 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Thursday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is jeudi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Susan’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1229The Aragonese army under the command of James I of Aragon disembarks at Santa Ponça, Majorca, with the purpose of conquering the island.
- 1683Austro-Ottoman War: Battle of Vienna – several European armies join forces to defeat the Ottoman Empire.
- 1847Mexican-American War: the Battle of Chapultepec begins.
- 1940Cave paintings are discovered in Lascaux, France.
- 1942World War II: First day of the Battle of Edson’s Ridge during the Guadalcanal campaign. U.S. Marines protecting Henderson Field on Guadalcanal are attacked by Imperial Japanese Army forces.
- 1988Hurricane Gilbert devastates Jamaica; it turns towards Mexico’s Yucatán Peninsula 2 days later, causing an estimated $5 billion in damage.
- 1990The two German states and the Four Powers sign the Treaty on the Final Settlement With Respect to Germany in Moscow, paving the way for German re-unification.
- 2003The United Nations lifts sanctions against Libya after that country agreed to accept responsibility and recompense the families of victims in the 1988 bombing of Pan Am Flight 103.
- 2007Former Philippine President Joseph Estrada is convicted of the crime of plunder.
- 2008The 2008 Chatsworth train collision in Los Angeles between a Metrolink commuter train and a Union Pacific freight train kills 25 people.
Who were born on September 12?
- 1492Duke Lorenzo II de' Medici of Urbino (d. 1519)
- 1880H. L. Mencken, American journalist and author (d. 1956)
- 1922Mark Rosenzweig, American brain researcher (d. 2009)
- 1943Maria Muldaur, American singer
- 1948Max Walker, Australian cricketer
- 1951Ali-Ollie Woodson, American singer & musician (The Temptations) (d. 2010)
- 1952Gerry Beckley, American musician (America)
- 1978Elisabetta Canalis, Italian model and actress
- 1981Jennifer Hudson, American actress and singer
- 1986Dimitrios Regas, Greek sprinter
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.