September 12: Day of the Week
September 12, 2019 is the 255th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 110 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Virgo horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
September 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1683Austro-Ottoman War: Battle of Vienna – several European armies join forces to defeat the Ottoman Empire.
- 1885Arbroath 36–0 Bon Accord, a world record scoreline in professional football.
- 1890Salisbury, Rhodesia, is founded.
- 1940An explosion at the Hercules Powder Company plant in Kenvil, New Jersey kills 51 people and injures over 200.
- 1940Cave paintings are discovered in Lascaux, France.
- 1959Premiere of Bonanza, the first regularly scheduled TV program presented in color.
- 1964Canyonlands National Park is designated as a National Park.
- 1994Frank Eugene Corder crashes a single-engine Cessna 150 into the White House’s south lawn, striking the West wing and killing himself.
- 2007Former Philippine President Joseph Estrada is convicted of the crime of plunder.
- 2008The 2008 Chatsworth train collision in Los Angeles between a Metrolink commuter train and a Union Pacific freight train kills 25 people.
Who were born on September 12?
- 1818Richard Gatling, American firearms inventor (d. 1903)
- 1928Ernie Vandeweghe, Canadian-born American basketball player and physician
- 1931Sir Ian Holm, English actor
- 1947Bjørn Floberg, Norwegian actor
- 1952Gerry Beckley, American musician (America)
- 1962Dino Merlin, Bosnian singer
- 1968Paul F. Tompkins, American comedian
- 1969Shigeki Maruyama, Japanese golfer
- 1983Sergio Parisse, Argentina-born Italian rugby player
- 1989Andrew Luck, American football player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.