September 12: Day of the Week
September 12, 2020 was the 256th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 110 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UIPAXIFLAR? Check your answers here: Words with these letters UIPAXIFLAR. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
September 12 Historical Event(s)
- 1814Battle of North Point: an American detachment halts the British land advance to Baltimore in the War of 1812.
- 1919Adolf Hitler joins the German Workers Party.
- 1933Leó Szilárd, waiting for a red light on Southampton Row in Bloomsbury, conceives the idea of the nuclear chain reaction.
- 1940An explosion at the Hercules Powder Company plant in Kenvil, New Jersey kills 51 people and injures over 200.
- 1944World War II: The liberation of Serbia from Nazi Germany and the Chetniks continues. Bajina Bašta in western Serbia is among those liberated cities. Near Trier, American troops enter Germany for the first time.
- 1958Jack Kilby demonstrates the first integrated circuit.
- 1959Premiere of Bonanza, the first regularly scheduled TV program presented in color.
- 1974Juventude Africana Amilcar Cabral is founded in Guinea-Bissau.
- 1983A Wells Fargo depot in West Hartford, Connecticut, United States, is robbed of approximately US$7 million by Los Macheteros.
- 1990The two German states and the Four Powers sign the Treaty on the Final Settlement With Respect to Germany in Moscow, paving the way for German re-unification.
Who were born on September 12?
- 1690Peter Dens, Flemish Catholic theologian (d. 1775)
- 1725Guillaume Le Gentil, French astronomer (d. 1792)
- 1894Billy Gilbert, American actor and comedian (d. 1971)
- 1901Shmuel Horowitz, Russian-born Israeli agronomist (d. 1999)
- 1916Tony Bettenhausen, American race car driver (d. 1961)
- 1943Maria Muldaur, American singer
- 1944Colin Young, American singer
- 1945John Mauceri, American conductor
- 1974Caroline Aigle, French fighter pilot (d. 2007)
- 1977Nathan Bracken, Australian cricketer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.