September 13: Day of the Week
September 13, 2020 is the 257th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 109 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Erin’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1213End of Battle of Muret, during the Albigensian Crusade to destroy the Cathar heresy.
- 1788The Philadelphia Convention sets the date for the first presidential election in the United States, and New York City becomes the country’s temporary capital.
- 1808Finnish War: In the Battle of Jutas, Swedish forces under Lieutenant General Georg Carl von Döbeln beat the Russians, making von Döbeln a Swedish war hero.
- 1814In a turning point in the War of 1812, the British fail to capture Baltimore, Maryland.
- 1847Mexican-American War: Six teenage military cadets known as Niños Héroes die defending Chapultepec Castle in the Battle of Chapultepec. American troops under General Winfield Scott capture Mexico City in the Mexican-American War.
- 1900Filipino resistance fighters defeat a small American column in the Battle of Pulang Lupa, during the Philippine-American War.
- 1922The final act of the Greco-Turkish War, the Great Fire of Smyrna, commences.
- 1956IBM introduces the first computer disk storage unit, the RAMAC 305.
- 1979South Africa grants independence to the “homeland” of Venda (not recognised outside South Africa).
- 2008Hurricane Ike makes landfall on the Texas Gulf Coast of the United States, causing heavy damage to Galveston Island, Houston and surrounding areas.
Who were born on September 13?
- 1502John Leland, English antiquarian (d. 1552)
- 1766Samuel Wilson, possible namesake of Uncle Sam (d. 1854)
- 1857Milton S. Hershey, American confectioner (d. 1945)
- 1893Larry Shields, American musician (d. 1953)
- 1894J.B. Priestley, English playwright and novelist (d. 1984)
- 1908Karolos Koun, Greek theater director (d. 1987)
- 1910Stefanos Natsinas, Greek politician (d. 1976)
- 1936Stefano Delle Chiaie, Italian neo-Nazi
- 1957Judy Blumberg, American ice dancer
- 1969Shane Warne, Australian cricketer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.