September 13: Day of the Week
September 13, 2020 was the 257th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 109 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is domingo.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters PQRFIOJOI? Check your answers here: Words with these letters PQRFIOJOI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
September 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1788The Philadelphia Convention sets the date for the first presidential election in the United States, and New York City becomes the country’s temporary capital.
- 1812War of 1812: A supply wagon sent to relieve Fort Harrison is ambushed in the Attack at the Narrows.
- 1843The Greek Army rebels (OS date: September 3) against the autocratic rule of king Otto of Greece, demanding the granting of a constitution.
- 1899Mackinder, Ollier and Brocherel make the first ascent of Batian (5,199 m – 17,058 ft), the highest peak of Mount Kenya.
- 1906First flight of a fixed-wing aircraft in Europe.
- 1914World War I: South African troops open hostilities in German south-west Africa (Namibia) with an assault on the Ramansdrift police station.
- 1922The temperature at 'Aziziya, Libya reaches a world record 57.8 °C.
- 1942World War II: Second day of the Battle of Edson’s Ridge in the Guadalcanal campaign. U.S. Marines successfully defeated attacks by the Imperial Japanese Army with heavy losses for the Japanese forces.
- 1964South Vietnamese Generals Lam Van Phat and Duong Van Duc fail in a coup attempt against General Nguyen Khanh.
- 1971People’s Republic of China: Chairman Mao Zedong’s second in command and successor Marshal Lin Biao flees the country via plane after the failure of alleged coup against Mao. The plane crashes in Mongolia, killing all aboard.
Who were born on September 13?
- 1874Arnold Schoenberg, Austrian-born composer (d. 1951)
- 1874Henry Fountain Ashurst, American politician (d. 1962)
- 1919Mary Midgley, American philosopher
- 1924Harold Blair, Australian tenor, Aboriginal activist (d. 1976)
- 1933Donald Mackay, Australian anti-drugs campaigner (d. 1977)
- 1945Noël Godin, Belgian humorist
- 1967Michael Johnson, American athlete
- 1968Bernie Williams, Puerto Rican baseball player
- 1976José Théodore, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1986Kamui Kobayashi, Japanese racing driver
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.