September 13: Day of the Week
September 13, 2018 is the 256th day of the year 2018 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 109 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Thursday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Mokuyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Virgo horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
September 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1808Finnish War: In the Battle of Jutas, Swedish forces under Lieutenant General Georg Carl von Döbeln beat the Russians, making von Döbeln a Swedish war hero.
- 1843The Greek Army rebels (OS date: September 3) against the autocratic rule of king Otto of Greece, demanding the granting of a constitution.
- 1848Vermont railroad worker Phineas Gage survives a 3 ft-plus iron rod being driven through his head; the reported effects on his behavior and personality stimulate thinking about the nature of the brain and its functions.
- 1914World War I: South African troops open hostilities in German south-west Africa (Namibia) with an assault on the Ramansdrift police station.
- 1923Following a military coup in Spain, Miguel Primo de Rivera takes over, setting up a dictatorship.
- 1942World War II: Second day of the Battle of Edson’s Ridge in the Guadalcanal campaign. U.S. Marines successfully defeated attacks by the Imperial Japanese Army with heavy losses for the Japanese forces.
- 1956IBM introduces the first computer disk storage unit, the RAMAC 305.
- 1987Goiânia accident: A radioactive object is stolen from an abandoned hospital in Goiânia, Brazil, contaminating many people in the following weeks and causing some to die from radiation poisoning.
- 1993Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin shakes hands with PLO chairman Yasser Arafat at the White House after signing the Oslo Accords granting limited Palestinian autonomy.
- 2008Delhi, India, is hit by a series of bomb blasts, resulting in 30 deaths and 130 injuries.
Who were born on September 13?
- 1819Clara Schumann, German pianist and composer (d. 1896)
- 1857Milton S. Hershey, American confectioner (d. 1945)
- 1945Andres Küng, Swedish-Estonian politician, journalist (d. 2002)
- 1957Vinny Appice, American musician (Black Sabbath, Dio, Heaven and Hell)
- 1961Dave Mustaine, American musician (Metallica, Megadeth)
- 1969Shane Warne, Australian cricketer
- 1973Fabio Cannavaro, Italian footballer
- 1982Miha Zupan, Slovenian basketball player
- 1984Nabil Abou-Harb, American filmmaker
- 1987Luke Fitzgerald, Irish rugby union footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.