September 13: Day of the Week
September 13, 2019 is the 256th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 109 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Friday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is viernes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
September 13 Historical Event(s)
- 1213End of Battle of Muret, during the Albigensian Crusade to destroy the Cathar heresy.
- 1229Ögedei Khan is proclaimed Khagan of the Mongol Empire in Kodoe Aral, Khentii: Mongolia.
- 1584San Lorenzo del Escorial Palace in Madrid is finished.
- 1843The Greek Army rebels (OS date: September 3) against the autocratic rule of king Otto of Greece, demanding the granting of a constitution.
- 1850First ascent of Piz Bernina, the highest summit of the eastern Alps.
- 1900Filipino resistance fighters defeat a small American column in the Battle of Pulang Lupa, during the Philippine-American War.
- 1906First flight of a fixed-wing aircraft in Europe.
- 1953Nikita Khrushchev is appointed secretary-general of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.
- 1956IBM introduces the first computer disk storage unit, the RAMAC 305.
- 1988Hurricane Gilbert is the strongest recorded hurricane in the Western Hemisphere, later replaced by Hurricane Wilma in 2005 (based on barometric pressure).
Who were born on September 13?
- 1694Yeongjo of Joseon, ruler of Korea (d. 1776)
- 1842John H. Bankhead, U.S. Senator (d. 1920)
- 1882Ramón Grau, Cuban president (d. 1969)
- 1908Sicco Mansholt, Dutch statesmand (d.1995)
- 1938John Smith, Labour Party Leader 1992 – 1994 (d. 1994)
- 1945Noël Godin, Belgian humorist
- 1948Sitiveni Rabuka, Fijian revolutionary and politician
- 1958Paweł Przytocki, Polish conductor
- 1968Emma Sjöberg, Swedish model
- 1982Lloyd Dyer, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.