September 17: Day of the Week
September 17, 2019 was the 260th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 105 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Salvatore’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 17 Historical Event(s)
- 1462The Battle of Świecino (also known as the Battle of Żarnowiec) is fought during Thirteen Years’ War.
- 1683Antonie van Leeuwenhoek writes a letter to the Royal Society describing “animalcules”: the first known description of protozoa.
- 1849American abolitionist Harriet Tubman escapes from slavery.
- 1900Philippine-American War: Filipinos under Juan Cailles defeat Americans under Colonel Benjamin F. Cheatham at Mabitac.
- 1908The Wright Flyer flown by Orville Wright, with Lieutenant Thomas Selfridge as passenger, crashes killing Selfridge. He becomes the first airplane fatality.
- 1914Andrew Fisher becomes Prime Minister of Australia for the third time.
- 1916World War I: Manfred von Richthofen (“The Red Baron”), a flying ace of the German Luftstreitkräfte, wins his first aerial combat near Cambrai, France.
- 1920The American Professional Football Association (later renamed National Football League) is organized in Canton, Ohio, United States.
- 1943World War II: The Russian city of Bryansk is liberated from Nazis.
- 1993Last Russian troops leave Poland.
Who were born on September 17?
- 1890Gabriel Heatter, American radio commentator (d. 1972)
- 1900Hughie Critz, baseball player (d. 1980)
- 1931Anne Bancroft, American actress (d. 2005)
- 1957Richie Ramone, American musician (The Ramones)
- 1960Kevin Clash, American actor and puppeteer
- 1968Jonn Penney lead singer of Ned’s Atomic Dustbin
- 1968Lord Jamar American emcee and actor
- 1974Mirah, American musician
- 1979Steffen Algreen, Danish footballer
- 1985Tomáš Berdych, Czech tennis player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.