September 20: Day of the Week
September 20, 2020 was the 264th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 102 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Sunday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Nichiyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OUYOXAPE? Check your answers here: Words with these letters OUYOXAPE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
September 20 Historical Event(s)
- 1378Cardinal Robert of Geneva, called by some the Butcher of Cesena, is elected as Avignon Pope Clement VII, beginning the Papal schism.
- 1596Diego de Montemayor founds the city of Monterrey in New Spain.
- 1857The Indian Rebellion of 1857 ends with the recapture of Delhi by troops loyal to the East India Company.
- 1962James Meredith, an African-American, is temporarily barred from entering the University of Mississippi.
- 1967RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 is launched at John Brown & Company, Clydebank, Scotland. It is operated by the Cunard Line.
- 1984A suicide bomber in a car attacks the U.S. embassy in Beirut, Lebanon, killing twenty-two people.
- 2002The Kolka-Karmadon rock/ice slide.
- 2003Maldives civil unrest: the death of prisoner Hassan Evan Naseem sparks a day of rioting in Malé.
- 2007Between 15,000 and 20,000 protesters marched on Jena, Louisiana, in support of six black youths who had been convicted of assaulting a white classmate.
- 2011The United States ends its “Don't Ask, Don't Tell” policy, allowing gay men and women to serve openly for the first time.
Who were born on September 20?
- 1599Christian the Younger, German Protestant military leader (d. 1623)
- 1889Charles Reidpath, American athlete (d. 1975)
- 1942Gérald Tremblay, Canadian politician
- 1964Randy Bradbury, American musician (Pennywise)
- 1967Matthew Nelson, American musician (Nelson)
- 1976Agata Buzek, Polish actress
- 1980Jonathan Le Billon, British actor
- 1980Mehrzad Marashi, German singer
- 1982Brian Fortuna, American dancer
- 1983Ángel Sánchez, Puerto Rican baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.