September 28: Day of the Week
September 28, 2019 was the 271st day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 94 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Melissa’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 28 Historical Event(s)
- 1066William the Bastard (as he was known at the time) invades England beginning the Norman Conquest.
- 1238Muslim Valencia surrenders to the besieging King James I of Aragon the Conqueror.
- 1448Christian I is crowned king of Denmark.
- 1787The newly completed United States Constitution is voted on by the U.S. Congress to be sent to the state legislatures for approval.
- 1868Battle of Alcolea causes Queen Isabella II of Spain to flee to France.
- 1901Philippine-American War: Filipino guerrillas kill more than forty American soldiers in a surprise attack in the town of Balangiga on Samar Island.
- 1919Race riots begin in Omaha, Nebraska, US.
- 1939Warsaw surrenders to Nazi Germany during World War II.
- 1961A military coup in Damascus effectively ends the United Arab Republic, the union between Egypt and Syria.
- 1996Former president of Afghanistan Mohammad Najibullah is tortured and brutally murdered by the Taliban.
Who were born on September 28?
- 1667Asano Naganori, Japanese warlord (d. 1701)
- 1887Avery Brundage, American athlete and sports official (d. 1975)
- 1919Doris Singleton, American actress
- 1935Ronald Lacey, British actor (d. 1991)
- 1943Warren Lieberfarb, American media executive
- 1968Mika Häkkinen, Finnish race car driver
- 1970Mike DeJean, American baseball player
- 1974John Light, English actor
- 1982Ranbir Kapoor, Indian actor
- 1988Esmée Denters, Dutch singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.