September 5: Day of the Week
September 5, 2020 is the 249th day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 117 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Rickey’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 5 Historical Event(s)
- 1725Wedding of Louis XV and Maria Leszczyńska.
- 1816Louis XVIII has to dissolve the Chambre introuvable (“Unobtainable Chamber”).
- 1862James Glaisher, pioneering meteorologist and Henry Tracey Coxwell break world record for altitude whilst collecting data in their balloon.
- 1905Russo-Japanese War: In New Hampshire, USA, the Treaty of Portsmouth, mediated by US President Theodore Roosevelt, ends the war.
- 1938Chile: A group of youths affiliated with the fascist National Socialist Movement of Chile are assassinated in the Seguro Obrero massacre.
- 1942World War II: Japanese high command orders withdrawal at Milne Bay, first Japanese defeat in the Pacific War.
- 1945Iva Toguri D'Aquino, a Japanese-American suspected of being wartime radio propagandist Tokyo Rose, is arrested in Yokohama.
- 1948In France, Robert Schuman becomes President of the Council while being Foreign minister, As such, he is the negotiator of the major treaties of the end of World War II.
- 1969My Lai Massacre: U.S. Army Lt. William Calley is charged with six specifications of premeditated murder for the death of 109 Vietnamese civilians in My Lai.
- 1975Sacramento, California: Lynette Fromme attempts to assassinate U.S. President Gerald Ford.
Who were born on September 5?
- 973Abū Rayḥān al-Bīrūnī, Khwarezmi-born Persian polymath (d. 1048)
- 1791Giacomo Meyerbeer, German composer (d. 1864)
- 1818Edmund Kennedy, Australian explorer (d. 1848)
- 1856Thomas E. Watson, American politician, Vice-Presidential candidate (d. 1922)
- 1897Arthur Nielsen, American market analyst (d. 1980)
- 1909Archie Jackson, Australian cricketer (d. 1933)
- 1951Paul Breitner, German footballer
- 1968Brad Wilk, American musician (Audioslave, Rage Against the Machine)
- 1979Stacey Dales, Canadian basketball player and sportscaster
- 1987Silvestre Rasuk, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.