September 7: Day of the Week
September 7, 2020 is the 251st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 115 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Ernest’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1228Holy Roman Emperor Frederick II landed in Acre, Palestine and started the Sixth Crusade, which resulted in a peaceful restitution of the Kingdom of Jerusalem.
- 1695Henry Every perpetrates one of the most profitable pirate raids in history with the capture of the Grand Mughal ship Ganj-i-Sawai. In response, Emperor Aurangzeb threatens to end to all English trading in India.
- 1901The Boxer Rebellion in China officially ends with the signing of the Boxer Protocol.
- 1920Two newly purchased Savoia flying boats crash in the Swiss Alps en-route to Finland where they would serve with the Suomen Ilmavoimat, killing both crews.
- 1927The first fully electronic television system is achieved by Philo Taylor Farnsworth.
- 1929Steamer Kuru capsizes and sinks on Lake Näsijärvi near Tampere in Finland. 136 lives are lost.
- 1942First flight of the Consolidated B-32 Dominator.
- 1986Desmond Tutu becomes the first black man to lead the Anglican Church in South Africa.
- 2008The US Government takes control of the two largest mortgage financing companies in the US, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
- 2011A plane crash in Russia kills 43 people, including nearly the entire roster of the Lokomotiv Yaroslavl Kontinental Hockey League team.
Who were born on September 7?
- 1777Heinrich Stölzel, German musician and composer (d. 1844)
- 1911Todor Zhivkov, Bulgarian Communist figure (d. 1998)
- 1940Dario Argento, Italian film director
- 1950Johann Friedrich Hohenberger, German-Australian engineer and conman (d. 1991)
- 1964Andy Hug, Swiss martial artist and kickboxer (d. 2000)
- 1966Chris Acland, English drummer (Lush) (d. 1996)
- 1969Angie Everhart, American model and actress
- 1972Jason Isringhausen, American baseball player
- 1974Hiroki Takahashi, Japanese voice actor
- 1982Andre Dirrell, American boxer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.