September 7: Day of the Week
September 7, 2019 is the 250th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 115 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. The time you were born has a great impact on who you are. Get your Virgo horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
September 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1818Carl III of Sweden-Norway is crowned king of Norway, in Trondheim.
- 1876In Northfield, Minnesota, Jesse James and the James-Younger Gang attempt to rob the town’s bank but are driven off by armed citizens.
- 1893The Genoa Cricket & Athletic Club, to become one of the oldest Italian football clubs, is established by British expats.
- 1911French poet Guillaume Apollinaire is arrested and put in jail on suspicion of stealing the Mona Lisa from the Louvre museum.
- 1936The last surviving member of the thylacine species, Benjamin, dies alone in her cage at the Hobart Zoo in Tasmania.
- 1942Australian and US forces inflict a significant defeat upon the Japanese at the Battle of Milne Bay.
- 1943A fire at the Gulf Hotel in Houston, Texas, kills 55 people.
- 1988Abdul Ahad Mohmand, the first Afghan in space, returns aboard the Soviet spacecraft Soyuz TM-5 after 9 days on the Mir space station.
- 1996American Hip-Hop star Tupac Shakur is fatally shot four times on the Las Vegas strip after leaving the Tyson-Seldon boxing match.
- 2011A plane crash in Russia kills 43 people, including nearly the entire roster of the Lokomotiv Yaroslavl Kontinental Hockey League team.
Who were born on September 7?
- 1842Johannes Zukertort, German chess master (d. 1888)
- 1887Edith Sitwell, British poet and critic (d. 1964)
- 1912David Packard, American electrical engineer and businessman (d. 1996)
- 1934Waldo de los Ríos, Argentinian composer, arranger (d. 1977)
- 1937Cüneyt Arkın, Turkish film actor
- 1952Ricardo Tormo, Spanish motocyclist (d. 1998)
- 1954Doug Bradley, English actor
- 1965Andreas Thom, German footballer
- 1971Shane Mosley, American boxer
- 1980Mark Prior, American baseball player
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.