September 7: Day of the Week
September 7, 2019 was the 250th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 115 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is sábado.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Nina’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
September 7 Historical Event(s)
- 70A Roman army under Titus occupies and plunders Jerusalem.
- 1812Napoleonic Wars: Battle of Borodino – Napoleon wins a Pyrrhic victory over the Russian army of Alexander I near the village of Borodino.
- 1818Carl III of Sweden-Norway is crowned king of Norway, in Trondheim.
- 1822Dom Pedro I declares Brazil independent from Portugal on the shores of the Ipiranga Brook in São Paulo.
- 1921In Atlantic City, New Jersey, the first Miss America Pageant, a two-day event, is held.
- 1936The last surviving member of the thylacine species, Benjamin, dies alone in her cage at the Hobart Zoo in Tasmania.
- 1940World War II: The Blitz – Nazi Germany begins to rain bombs on London. This will be the first of 57 consecutive nights of bombing.
- 1943A fire at the Gulf Hotel in Houston, Texas, kills 55 people.
- 1977The Torrijos-Carter Treaties between Panama and the United States on the status of the Panama Canal are signed. The United States agrees to transfer control of the canal to Panama at the end of the 20th century.
- 1979The Entertainment and Sports Programming Network, better known as ESPN, makes its debut.
Who were born on September 7?
- 1892Eric Harrison, Australian politician (d. 1974)
- 1913Martin Charteris, Baron Charteris of Amisfield, British soldier, royal courtier (d. 1999)
- 1928Kathleen Gorham, Australian ballerina (d. 1983)
- 1954Michael Emerson, American actor
- 1969Darren Bragg, American baseball player
- 1980Mark Prior, American baseball player
- 1982Ryoko Shiraishi, Japanese seiyu
- 1983Annette Dytrt, German skater figure
- 1983Piri Weepu, New Zealand rugby player
- 1986Colin Delaney, American professional wrestler
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.