September 7: Day of the Week
September 7, 2020 was the 251st day of the year 2020 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 115 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Monday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is lunes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ORODIAL? Check your answers here: Word solver ORODIAL. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
September 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1228Holy Roman Emperor Frederick II landed in Acre, Palestine and started the Sixth Crusade, which resulted in a peaceful restitution of the Kingdom of Jerusalem.
- 1864American Civil War: Atlanta, Georgia, is evacuated on orders of Union General William Tecumseh Sherman.
- 1921In Atlantic City, New Jersey, the first Miss America Pageant, a two-day event, is held.
- 1927The first fully electronic television system is achieved by Philo Taylor Farnsworth.
- 1940Treaty of Craiova: Romania loses Southern Dobrudja to Bulgaria.
- 1942Australian and US forces inflict a significant defeat upon the Japanese at the Battle of Milne Bay.
- 1942Holocaust: 8,700 Jews of Kolomyia (western Ukraine) sent by German Gestapo to death camp in Belzec.
- 1963The Pro Football Hall of Fame opens in Canton, Ohio with 17 charter members.
- 1965China announces that it will reinforce its troops on the Indian border.
- 1977The 300 metre tall CKVR-DT transmission tower in Barrie, Ontario, Canada is hit by a light aircraft in a fog, causing it to collapse. All aboard the aircraft are killed.
Who were born on September 7?
- 1707Georges-Louis Leclerc, Comte de Buffon, French naturalist, biologist and author (d. 1788)
- 1817Queen Louise of Hesse-Kassel of Denmark (d. 1898)
- 1892Oscar O'Brien, Canadian folklorist and Roman Catholic priest (d. 1958)
- 1927Claire L'Heureux-Dubé, French Canadian jurist
- 1953Benmont Tench, American keyboardist
- 1956Michael Feinstein, American singer, pianist, musical revivalist
- 1961Jean-Yves Thibaudet, French pianist
- 1974Mario Frick, Liechtensteiner footballer
- 1982Andre Dirrell, American boxer
- 1985Adam Eckersley, English footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.