September 7: Day of the Week
September 7, 2019 is the 250th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 115 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is samedi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
September 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1776According to American colonial reports, Ezra Lee makes the world’s first submarine attack in the Turtle, attempting to attach a time bomb to the hull of HMS Eagle in New York Harbor (no British records of this attack exist).
- 1864American Civil War: Atlanta, Georgia, is evacuated on orders of Union General William Tecumseh Sherman.
- 1922In Aydin, Turkey, independence of Aydin, from Greek occupation.
- 1942Holocaust: 8,700 Jews of Kolomyia (western Ukraine) sent by German Gestapo to death camp in Belzec.
- 1965China announces that it will reinforce its troops on the Indian border.
- 1970Bill Shoemaker sets record for most lifetime wins as a jockey (passing Johnny Longden).
- 1970Fighting between Arab guerrillas and government forces in Amman, Jordan.
- 1979The Entertainment and Sports Programming Network, better known as ESPN, makes its debut.
- 2005Egypt holds its first-ever multi-party presidential election.
- 2010A Chinese fishing trawler collided with two Japanese Coast Guard patrol boats in disputed waters near the islands. The collisions occurred around 10am, after the Japanese Coast Guard ordered the trawler to leave the area. After the collisions, Japanese sailors boarded the Chinese vessel and arrested the captain, Zhan Qixiong.
Who were born on September 7?
- 1885Elinor Wylie, American poet and novelist (d. 1928)
- 1917Jacob Lawrence, American painter (d. 2000)
- 1939Latimore (musician), American R&B singer, songwriter and pianist
- 1944Forrest Blue, American football player (d. 2011)
- 1948Susan Blakely, American actress
- 1966Chris Acland, English drummer (Lush) (d. 1996)
- 1968Marcel Desailly, French footballer
- 1969Diane Farr, American actress (Numb3rs)
- 1970Gino Odjick, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1980Gabriel Milito, Argentine footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.