September 7: Day of the Week
September 7, 2021 was the 250th day of the year 2021 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 115 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is martes.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UAYILXTJ? Check your answers here: Words with these letters UAYILXTJ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
September 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1228Holy Roman Emperor Frederick II landed in Acre, Palestine and started the Sixth Crusade, which resulted in a peaceful restitution of the Kingdom of Jerusalem.
- 1695Henry Every perpetrates one of the most profitable pirate raids in history with the capture of the Grand Mughal ship Ganj-i-Sawai. In response, Emperor Aurangzeb threatens to end to all English trading in India.
- 1822Dom Pedro I declares Brazil independent from Portugal on the shores of the Ipiranga Brook in São Paulo.
- 1906Alberto Santos-Dumont flies his 14-bis aircraft at Bagatelle, France for the first time successfully.
- 1909Eugene Lefebvre crashes a new French-built Wright biplane during a test flight at Juvisy, south of Paris, becoming the first ‘pilot’in the world to lose his life in a powered heavier-than-air craft.
- 1921Legion of Mary is founded in Dublin, Ireland.
- 1936The last surviving member of the thylacine species, Benjamin, dies alone in her cage at the Hobart Zoo in Tasmania.
- 1963The Pro Football Hall of Fame opens in Canton, Ohio with 17 charter members.
- 1988Abdul Ahad Mohmand, the first Afghan in space, returns aboard the Soviet spacecraft Soyuz TM-5 after 9 days on the Mir space station.
- 2011A plane crash in Russia kills 43 people, including nearly the entire roster of the Lokomotiv Yaroslavl Kontinental Hockey League team.
Who were born on September 7?
- 1683Mary Anne of Austria (d. 1754)
- 1866Tristan Bernard, French playwright and novelist (d. 1947)
- 1913Martin Charteris, Baron Charteris of Amisfield, British soldier, royal courtier (d. 1999)
- 1926Erich Juskowiak, German footballer (d. 1983)
- 1932Malcolm Bradbury, British writer and academic (d. 2000)
- 1934Mary Bauermeister, German artist
- 1939Latimore (musician), American R&B singer, songwriter and pianist
- 1975Norifumi Abe, Japanese motorcycle road racer (d. 2007)
- 1979Owen Pallett, Canadian musician (Final Fantasy)
- 1986Colin Delaney, American professional wrestler
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.