September 7: Day of the Week
September 7, 2019 is the 250th day of the year 2019 in the Gregorian calendar. There are 115 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week is Saturday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Doyōbi.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
September 7 Historical Event(s)
- 70A Roman army under Titus occupies and plunders Jerusalem.
- 1776According to American colonial reports, Ezra Lee makes the world’s first submarine attack in the Turtle, attempting to attach a time bomb to the hull of HMS Eagle in New York Harbor (no British records of this attack exist).
- 1812Napoleonic Wars: Battle of Borodino – Napoleon wins a Pyrrhic victory over the Russian army of Alexander I near the village of Borodino.
- 1907Cunard Line’s RMS Lusitania sets sail on her maiden voyage from Liverpool, England to New York City.
- 1921Legion of Mary is founded in Dublin, Ireland.
- 1940World War II: The Blitz – Nazi Germany begins to rain bombs on London. This will be the first of 57 consecutive nights of bombing.
- 1965China announces that it will reinforce its troops on the Indian border.
- 1970Bill Shoemaker sets record for most lifetime wins as a jockey (passing Johnny Longden).
- 1970Fighting between Arab guerrillas and government forces in Amman, Jordan.
- 2005Egypt holds its first-ever multi-party presidential election.
Who were born on September 7?
- 1726François-André Danican Philidor, French chess player and composer (d. 1795)
- 1937Cüneyt Arkın, Turkish film actor
- 1939Latimore (musician), American R&B singer, songwriter and pianist
- 1956Byron Stevenson, British footballer (d. 2007)
- 1965Angela Gheorghiu, Romanian opera singer
- 1969Diane Farr, American actress (Numb3rs)
- 1981Paul McCoy, American musician (12 Stones)
- 1983Mehmet Topuz, Turkisher footballer
- 1983Philip Deignan, Irish cyclist
- 1985Rafinha, Brazilian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.