September 7: Day of the Week
September 7, 2022 was the 250th day of the year 2022 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 115 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Spanish then this day of the week in Spanish is miércoles.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the September calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Virgo is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Sapphire is the modern birthstone for this month. Agate is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters WOAXUVGAKC? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters WOAXUVGAKC. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
September 7 Historical Event(s)
- 1228Holy Roman Emperor Frederick II landed in Acre, Palestine and started the Sixth Crusade, which resulted in a peaceful restitution of the Kingdom of Jerusalem.
- 1652Around 15,000 Han farmers and militia rebel against Dutch rule on Taiwan.
- 1818Carl III of Sweden-Norway is crowned king of Norway, in Trondheim.
- 1822Dom Pedro I declares Brazil independent from Portugal on the shores of the Ipiranga Brook in São Paulo.
- 1876In Northfield, Minnesota, Jesse James and the James-Younger Gang attempt to rob the town’s bank but are driven off by armed citizens.
- 1893The Genoa Cricket & Athletic Club, to become one of the oldest Italian football clubs, is established by British expats.
- 1943World War II: The German 17th Army begins its evacuation of the Kuban River bridgehead (Taman Peninsula) in southern Russia and moves across the Strait of Kerch to the Crimea.
- 1970Bill Shoemaker sets record for most lifetime wins as a jockey (passing Johnny Longden).
- 2005Egypt holds its first-ever multi-party presidential election.
- 2008The US Government takes control of the two largest mortgage financing companies in the US, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
Who were born on September 7?
- 1836August Toepler, German physicist (d. 1912)
- 1934Little Milton, American musician (d. 2005)
- 1937Cüneyt Arkın, Turkish film actor
- 1955Efim Zelmanov, Russian mathematician
- 1960Andrew Voss, Australian television personality
- 1966Lutz Heilmann, German politician
- 1971Shane Mosley, American boxer
- 1978Erwin Koen, Dutch footballer
- 1979Owen Pallett, Canadian musician (Final Fantasy)
- 1991Amar Garibović, Serbian cross country skier (d. 2010)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.