What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Carol’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
1776 Historical Event(s)
- April 6, 1776 – American Revolutionary War: Ships of the Continental Navy fail in their attempt to capture a Royal Navy dispatch boat.
- May 1, 1776 – Establishment of the Illuminati in Ingolstadt (Upper Bavaria), by Jesuit-taught Adam Weishaupt.
- May 19, 1776 – American Revolutionary War: A Continental Army garrison surrenders in the Battle of The Cedars.
- June 12, 1776 – The Virginia Declaration of Rights is adopted.
- July 4, 1776 – American Revolution: The United States Declaration of Independence is adopted by the Second Continental Congress.
- August 2, 1776 – The signing of the United States Declaration of Independence took place.
- October 11, 1776 – American Revolutionary War: Battle of Valcour Island – On Lake Champlain a fleet of American boats is defeated by the Royal Navy, but delays the British advance until 1777.
- November 29, 1776 – American Revolutionary War: The Battle of Fort Cumberland, Nova Scotia comes to an end with the arrival of British reinforcements.
- December 5, 1776 – At The College of William and Mary, Phi Beta Kappa is founded and becomes the first American college fraternity.
- December 19, 1776 – Thomas Paine publishes one of a series of pamphlets in the Pennsylvania Journal titled The American Crisis.
Who Were Born On 1776?
- February 11, 1776 – Ioannis Kapodistrias, Greek diplomat of the Russian Empire and first head of state of independent Greece (d. 1831)
- March 10, 1776 – Louise of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, Queen consort of Prussia (d. 1810)
- April 1, 1776 – Sophie Germain, French mathematician (d. 1831)
- May 20, 1776 – Simon Fraser, Canadian explorer (d.1862)
- June 11, 1776 – John Constable, English painter (d. 1837)
- July 13, 1776 – Caroline of Baden, consort of Maximilian I Joseph of Bavaria (d. 1841)
- August 25, 1776 – Thomas Bladen Capel Royal Navy Admiral (d. 1853)
- November 14, 1776 – Henri Dutrochet, French physiologist (d. 1847)
- December 25, 1776 – Sydney Owenson (Lady Morgan), Irish writer (alleged date of birth) (d. 1859)
- December 27, 1776 – Nikolay Kamensky, Russian general (d. 1811)