Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters RCDSIIIBLF? Check your answers here: Word finder RCDSIIIBLF. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1776 Historical Event(s)
- January 1, 1776 – American Revolutionary War: Norfolk, Virginia is burned by combined Royal Navy and Continental Army action.
- March 4, 1776 – American Revolutionary War: The Continental Army fortifies Dorchester Heights with cannon, leading the British troops to abandon the Siege of Boston.
- April 7, 1776 – Captain John Barry and the USS Lexington captures the Edward.
- April 13, 1776 – American Revolutionary War: American forces are surprised in the Battle of Bound Brook, New Jersey.
- May 1, 1776 – Establishment of the Illuminati in Ingolstadt (Upper Bavaria), by Jesuit-taught Adam Weishaupt.
- June 8, 1776 – American Revolutionary War: Battle of Trois-Rivières – American attackers are driven back at Trois-Rivières, Quebec.
- July 4, 1776 – American Revolution: The United States Declaration of Independence is adopted by the Second Continental Congress.
- August 27, 1776 – The Battle of Long Island: in what is now Brooklyn, New York, British forces under General William Howe defeat Americans under General George Washington.
- September 7, 1776 – According to American colonial reports, Ezra Lee makes the world’s first submarine attack in the Turtle, attempting to attach a time bomb to the hull of HMS Eagle in New York Harbor (no British records of this attack exist).
- October 9, 1776 – Father Francisco Palou founds Mission San Francisco de Asis in what is now San Francisco, California.
Who Were Born On 1776?
- January 10, 1776 – George Birkbeck, British academic (d. 1841)
- January 24, 1776 – E.T.A. Hoffmann, German writer (d. 1822)
- March 10, 1776 – Louise of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, Queen consort of Prussia (d. 1810)
- April 1, 1776 – Sophie Germain, French mathematician (d. 1831)
- April 25, 1776 – Princess Mary, Duchess of Gloucester and Edinburgh (d. 1857)
- May 20, 1776 – Simon Fraser, Canadian explorer (d.1862)
- June 11, 1776 – John Constable, English painter (d. 1837)
- July 13, 1776 – Caroline of Baden, consort of Maximilian I Joseph of Bavaria (d. 1841)
- August 9, 1776 – Amedeo Avogadro, Italian chemist (d. 1856)
- December 27, 1776 – Nikolay Kamensky, Russian general (d. 1811)