Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
2011 Historical Event(s)
- January 8, 2011 – An attempted assassination of Arizona congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and subsequent shooting in Casas Adobes, Arizona at a Safeway grocery store kills 6 people and wounds 13, including Giffords.
- February 3, 2011 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- February 13, 2011 – For the first time in more than 100 years the Umatilla, an American Indian tribe, were able to hunt and harvest a bison just outside Yellowstone National Park, restoring a centuries-old tradition guaranteed by a treaty signed in 1855.
- April 1, 2011 – After protests against the burning of the Quran turned violent, a mob attacked a United Nations compound in Mazar-i-Sharif, Afghanistan and killed thirteen people, including eight foreign workers.
- May 22, 2011 – An EF5 Tornado strikes the US city of Joplin, Missouri killing up to 161 people. It is the single deadliest US tornado since modern record keeping began in 1950.
- June 1, 2011 – A rare tornado outbreak occurs in New England; a strong EF3 tornado strikes Springfield, Massachusetts during the event, killing four people.
- August 18, 2011 – The West Memphis Three are released from prison after 18 years in imprisonment.
- August 23, 2011 – Libyan leader Muammar al-Gaddafi is overthrown after the National Transitional Council forces take control of Bab al-Azizia compound during the 2011 Libyan Civil War.
- September 17, 2011 – Occupy Wall Street movement began in Zucotti Park, New York City.
- November 8, 2011 – The potentially hazardous asteroid 2005 YU55 passed 0.85 lunar distances from Earth (about 324600 km), the closest known approach by an asteroid of its brightness since mpl 2010 XC in 1976.
Who Was Born On 2011?
- January 8, 2011 – Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine of Denmark, twin children of Frederik, Crown Prince of Denmark