Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
2011 Historical Event(s)
- January 25, 2011 – Egyptian Revolution of 2011 begins in Egypt, with a series of street demonstrations, marches, rallies, acts of civil disobedience, riots, labour strikes, and violent clashes in Cairo, Alexandria, and throughout other cities in Egypt.
- February 3, 2011 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- July 21, 2011 – NASA’s Space Shuttle program ends with the landing of Space Shuttle Atlantis on mission STS-135.
- August 2, 2011 – Three Rapid City, South Dakota officers stop a group of suspicious people on Anamosa Street. One man pulls out a revolver and fires six shots, killing one officer, mortally wounding another, and injuring the third.
- August 13, 2011 – The main stage collapses at the Indiana State Fair in Indianapolis during a hurricane-force wind gust ahead of an approaching severe thunderstorm, killing 7 and injuring 45.
- August 23, 2011 – A 5.8 earthquake occurred in Mineral, Virginia, the earthquake was felt as far north as Ontario and as far south as Atlanta, Georgia. Damaged occurred to monuments in Washington D.C. and the resulted damage was estimated at $100 Million.
- September 20, 2011 – The United States ends its “Don't Ask, Don't Tell” policy, allowing gay men and women to serve openly for the first time.
- October 20, 2011 – The former leader of Libya, Muammar Gaddafi, and his son Moatassem Gaddafi are killed shortly after the battle of Sirte (2011) while in the custody of NTC fighters.
- October 23, 2011 – A powerful 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Van Province, Turkey, killing 582 people and injuring thousands.
- October 31, 2011 – The world population is now over 7 billion inhabitants according to the United Nations
Who Was Born On 2011?
- January 8, 2011 – Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine of Denmark, twin children of Frederik, Crown Prince of Denmark