December 22, 1989: Day of the Week
December 22, 1989 was the 356th day of the year 1989 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 9 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
A person born on this day will be 33 years old today. If that same person saved a dollar every day starting at age 5, then by now that person has accumulated $10,576.00 today.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters HAHAYIAC? Check your answers here: Word search HAHAYIAC. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
Here’s the December 1989 calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly 1989 calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Turquoise is the modern birthstone for this month. Onyx is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Snake is the mythical animal and Earth is the element for a person born on this day if we consider the very old art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac).
December 22, 1989 Historical Event(s)
- 1989After a week of bloody demonstrations, Ion Iliescu takes over as president of Romania, ending Nicolae Ceauşescu’s Communist authoritarian regime.
- 1989Berlin’s Brandenburg Gate re-opens after nearly 30 years, effectively ending the division of East and West Germany.
Who were born on December 22, 1989?
- 1989Jharal Yow Yeh, professional rugby league player
- 1989Jordin Sparks, American singer
- 1989Logan Huffman, American actor
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.