January 1, 1947: Day of the Week
January 1, 1947 was the 1st day of the year 1947 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 364 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Wednesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Suiyōbi.
A person born on this day will be 72 years old today. If that same person saved a Cent every day starting at age 3, then by now that person has accumulated $254.94 today.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the January 1947 calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly 1947 calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Capricorn is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Garnet is the modern birthstone for this month. Emerald is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Bradley’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
Dog is the mythical animal and Fire is the element for a person born on this day if we consider the very old art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac).
January 1, 1947 Historical Event(s)
- 1947The American and British occupation zones in Germany, after World War II, merge to form the Bizone, that later became West Germany.
- 1947The Canadian Citizenship Act 1946 comes into effect, converting British subjects into Canadian citizens. Prime Minister William Lyon Mackenzie King becomes the first Canadian citizen.
Who were born on January 1, 1947?
- 1947Frances Yip, Hong Kong singer
- 1947James K. Glassman, American journalist and diplomat
- 1947Jon Corzine, American politician, 54th Governor of New Jersey and former United States Senator from New Jersey
- 1947Leonard Thompson, American professional golfer
- 1947Paula Tsui, Hong Kong singer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.