May 12, 1942: Day of the Week
May 12, 1942 was the 132nd day of the year 1942 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 233 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Tuesday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kayōbi.
A person born on this day will be 79 years old today. If that same person saved a Nickel every day starting at age 6, then by now that person has accumulated $1,345.70 today.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May 1942 calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly 1942 calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Taurus is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ERDEOK? Check your answers here: Word solver ERDEOK. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
Horse is the mythical animal and Water is the element for a person born on this day if we consider the very old art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac).
May 12, 1942 Historical Event(s)
- 1942Holocaust: 1,500 Jews are sent to gas chambers in Auschwitz.
- 1942World War II: Second Battle of Kharkov: in eastern Ukraine, Red Army forces under Marshal Semyon Timoshenko launch a major offensive from the Izium bridgehead, only to be encircled and destroyed by the troops of Army Group South two weeks later.
Who were born on May 12, 1942?
- 1942Billy Swan, American songwriter and singer
- 1942Ian Dury, British musician (d. 2000)
- 1942Michel Fugain, French singer and songwriter
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.