May 25, 1979: Day of the Week
May 25, 1979 was the 145th day of the year 1979 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 220 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn French then this day of the week in French is vendredi.
A person born on this day will be 40 years old today. If that same person saved a Half dollar every day starting at age 5, then by now that person has accumulated $6,491.50 today.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
Here’s the May 1979 calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly 1979 calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Gemini is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Emerald is the modern birthstone for this month. Sapphire is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Charlotte’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
Sheep is the mythical animal and Earth is the element for a person born on this day if we consider the very old art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac).
May 25, 1979 Historical Event(s)
- 1979American Airlines Flight 191: In Chicago, a McDonnell Douglas DC-10 crashes during takeoff at O'Hare International Airport killing 271 on board and two people on the ground.
- 1979Six-year-old Etan Patz disappears from the street just two blocks away from his New York City home, prompting an international search for the child, and causing U.S. President Ronald Reagan to designate May 25th as National Missing Children’s Day (in 1983).
Who were born on May 25, 1979?
- 1979Carlos Bocanegra, American footballer
- 1979Caroline Ouellette, French Canadian ice-hockey player
- 1979Jonny Wilkinson, English rugby player
- 1979Sam Sodje, Nigerian footballer
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.