October 23, 1942: Day of the Week
October 23, 1942 was the 296th day of the year 1942 in the Gregorian calendar. There were 69 days remaining until the end of the year. The day of the week was Friday.
If you are trying to learn Japanese then this day of the week in Japanese is Kin'yōbi.
A person born on this day will be 75 years old today. If that same person saved a Quarter every day starting at age 5, then by now that person has accumulated $6,400.00 today. That is, assuming this person is still alive and kicking.
Did you know? It takes as little as 8 hours of one-on-one tutoring to improve a full letter grade, according to a nationwide poll of private tutors. Click here to search for a tutor today! More than 80,000 tutors in 300+ subjects. (Sponsored link; US only)
Here’s the October 1942 calendar. You can also browse the full year monthly 1942 calendar.
Zodiac & Birthstone
Libra is the zodiac sign of a person born on this day. Opal is the modern birthstone for this month. Jasper is the mystical birthstone from Tibetan origin that dates back over a thousand years.
Hmmm... do you believe that self understanding is the key to happiness? Don’t just wish upon the stars. Use them to prosper in love, money, and career! Get your Libra horoscope and get a boost from the stars. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link)
Horse is the mythical animal and Water is the element for a person born on this day if we consider the very old art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac).
October 23, 1942 Historical Event(s)
- 1942All 12 passengers and crewmen aboard an American Airlines DC-3 airliner are killed when it is struck by a U.S. Army Air Forces bomber near Palm Springs, California. Amongst the victims is award-winning composer and songwriter Ralph Rainger (“Thanks for the Memory”, “Love in Bloom”, “Blue Hawaii”).
- 1942World War II: Second Battle of El Alamein: – At El Alamein in northern Egypt, the British Eighth Army under Field Marshal Montgomery begins a critical offensive to expel the Axis armies from Egypt.
- 1942World War II: The Battle for Henderson Field begins during the Guadalcanal Campaign and ends on October 26.
Who were born on October 23, 1942?
- 1942Anita Roddick, founder of The Body Shop (d. 2007)
- 1942Bernd Erdmann, German football player and manager
- 1942Michael Crichton, American writer (d. 2008)
Now try another date like anniversaries, birthdays of someone you know or any other date that is special to you. Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.