Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1942 Historical Event(s)
- February 1, 1942 – Voice of America, the official external radio and television service of the United States federal government, begins broadcasting with programs aimed at areas controlled by the Axis powers.
- February 11, 1942 – The first gold record is presented to Glenn Miller for “Chattanooga Choo Choo”.
- February 15, 1942 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Horse in Chinese astrology.
- May 12, 1942 – World War II: Second Battle of Kharkov: in eastern Ukraine, Red Army forces under Marshal Semyon Timoshenko launch a major offensive from the Izium bridgehead, only to be encircled and destroyed by the troops of Army Group South two weeks later.
- June 11, 1942 – World War II: The United States agrees to send Lend-Lease aid to the Soviet Union.
- June 28, 1942 – Nazi Germany started its strategic summer offensive against the Soviet Union, codenamed Case Blue
- September 26, 1942 – The Holocaust: August Frank, a higher official of the SS concentration camp administration department, issues a memorandum containing a great deal of operational detail in how Jews should be “evacuated”.
- November 11, 1942 – World War II: The Second Battle of El Alamein is won by the British in El Alamein, Egypt.
- November 13, 1942 – World War II: Naval Battle of Guadalcanal – U.S. and Japanese ships engage in an intense, close-quarters surface naval engagement during the Battle of Guadalcanal.
- December 20, 1942 – World War II: Bombing of Calcutta by the Japanese.
Who Were Born On 1942?
- January 8, 1942 – Valya Balkanska, Bulgarian folk singer
- January 10, 1942 – Graeme Gahan, Australian rules footballer
- January 14, 1942 – Dave Campbell, American baseball player
- March 4, 1942 – David Matthews, American keyboardist
- May 10, 1942 – Youssouf Sambo Bâ, Burkinabé politician
- June 8, 1942 – Nikos Konstantopoulos, Greek politician
- September 9, 1942 – Danny Kalb, American musician, (Blues Project)
- September 15, 1942 – Lee Dorman, American Bassist
- September 21, 1942 – U-Roy, Jamaican musician, toasting pioneer
- December 16, 1942 – Eugene Robert Glazer, American actor