Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1952 Historical Event(s)
- January 27, 1952 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Dragon in Chinese astrology.
- February 8, 1952 – Elizabeth II is proclaimed Queen of the United Kingdom.
- March 21, 1952 – Alan Freed presents the Moondog Coronation Ball, the first rock and roll concert, in Cleveland, Ohio.
- May 3, 1952 – The Kentucky Derby is televised nationally for the first time on the CBS network.
- May 7, 1952 – The concept of the integrated circuit, the basis for all modern computers, is first published by Geoffrey W.A. Dummer.
- June 26, 1952 – The Pan-Malayan Labour Party is founded in Malaya, as a union of statewise labour parties.
- July 23, 1952 – The European Coal and Steel community is established.
- July 25, 1952 – The U.S. non-incorporated colonial territory of Puerto Rico adopts a constitution of local-limited powers, approved by the United States Congress in contravention of then-current international law.
- November 4, 1952 – The United States government establishes the National Security Agency.
- November 29, 1952 – Korean War: U.S. President-elect Dwight D. Eisenhower fulfills a campaign promise by traveling to Korea to find out what can be done to end the conflict.
Who Were Born On 1952?
- January 2, 1952 – Jimmy Santiago Baca, American poet and writer
- April 2, 1952 – Pat Drummond, Australian singer-songwriter
- April 3, 1952 – Mike Moore, American politician and attorney
- April 29, 1952 – Nora Dunn, American actress
- June 7, 1952 – Liam Neeson, Northern Irish actor
- July 15, 1952 – Johnny Thunders, American guitarist, singer and songwriter (New York Dolls, The Heartbreakers) (d. 1991)
- August 21, 1952 – Jiří Paroubek, former Czech prime minister
- September 27, 1952 – André Viger, French Canadian marathoner
- December 3, 1952 – Mel Smith, English comedian
- December 27, 1952 – David Knopfler, British musician (Dire Straits)