Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1952 Historical Event(s)
- January 27, 1952 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Dragon in Chinese astrology.
- February 20, 1952 – Emmett Ashford becomes the first African-American umpire in organized baseball by being authorized to be a substitute umpire in the Southwestern International League.
- April 21, 1952 – Secretary‘s Day (now Administrative Professionals’Day) is first celebrated.
- May 13, 1952 – The Rajya Sabha, the upper house of the Parliament of India, holds its first sitting.
- July 7, 1952 – The ocean liner SS United States passes Bishop’s Rock on her maiden voyage, breaking the transatlantic speed record to become the fastest passenger ship in the world.
- July 25, 1952 – The U.S. non-incorporated colonial territory of Puerto Rico adopts a constitution of local-limited powers, approved by the United States Congress in contravention of then-current international law.
- October 3, 1952 – The United Kingdom successfully tests a nuclear weapon to become the world’s third nuclear power.
- October 20, 1952 – Governor Evelyn Baring declares a state of emergency in Kenya and begins arresting hundreds of suspected leaders of the Mau Mau Uprising, including Jomo Kenyatta, the future first President of Kenya.
- November 1, 1952 – Operation Ivy – The United States successfully detonates the first large hydrogen bomb, codenamed “Mike” [“M” for megaton], in the Eniwetok atoll, located in the Marshall Islands in the central Pacific Ocean. The explosion had a yield of 10 megatons.
- November 25, 1952 – Agatha Christie’s murder-mystery play The Mousetrap opens at the Ambassadors Theatre in London later becoming the longest continuously-running play in history.
Who Were Born On 1952?
- January 16, 1952 – King Fuad II of Egypt
- March 16, 1952 – Alice Hoffman, American author
- June 18, 1952 – Isabella Rossellini, Italian actress
- July 28, 1952 – Yoshitaka Amano, Japanese artist
- August 26, 1952 – Will Shortz, American crossword editor
- September 29, 1952 – Gabor Csupo, Hungarian-born animator
- October 2, 1952 – Wahed Wafa, Afghan singer
- October 6, 1952 – Ayten Mutlu, Turkish poet and writer
- December 6, 1952 – Ric Charlesworth, Australian field hockey player
- December 9, 1952 – Michael Dorn, American actor